May Be of Interest To Me And Me Alone
1) These are some of the searches that have lead to my site.
“getting married under the influence”
You may wish to rethink this. I think nothing good can come of the idea of slurring your words when you say “I do”.
“Dodger highlights and opening day”
Fucking Dodgers fans.
“how to break up with your fiance”
Great…I’m a self help site for people bailing on their engagements?
“wife gone all day every weekend planning”
Ummm…I think you might be in for a bad day at some point in the near future.
“what do the mets fans wear opening day?”
The blood of puppies, I believe. But it only worked once in ’86, and that was because there was a curse involved. (In ’69 you didn’t need the blood of puppies…after all it was just the Orioles)
2) This makes me fucking crazy. Are you kidding me? He dreamt her number, sends her a text, they wind up dating and they get married? Clearly either I have been doing things wrong my whole life OR this guy was stalking her and came up with a genius idea to get her in to his life. Either way…wtf?
3) Carl Pavano became the first Yankee starting pitcher to post a win…in 6 tries. The apocalypse cannot be far behind and I am starting to regret a wager that I’ve made.
4) I am going to be seeing exfiance for the first time at some point in the near future. Maybe even before the weekend. I have not yet begun to think about this all that much. We have to exchange some things that wound up with me and that I left there. I am torn between “here’s your shit, later” and sitting down to see how she’s doing. Some things I guess you can’t know until they happen.
5) I bought the new Sony Walkman MP3 player this week, and it flat out rocks. I realize that this will offend a lot of you, but I refuse to join iPod cult. Flat out refuse. The Sony is 8gb, 24 hour battery life, and sounds fantastic. It’s $160, (or $10 more than a 2gb iPod or $40 less than a 4gb…and $80 less than a comparable 8gb) comes with a set up for Sony Connect Music, and can be used with any service (save for iTunes) that you want to link it up to. I love it. Wish the screen was brighter, but I love it. The first song I uploaded? You guessed it;
Which is now sadly ironic, but still just a bad ass little pop song.
After that it was Big Star, baby.
6) I just realized that the Oscar De La Hoya/Floyd Mayweather fight is less than a month away. Sweet jumpin’ Jesus it’s time for me to get excited. My hatred of De La Hoya runs deep and wide and seeing him get pummeled by Floyd-poundforpoundthebaddestmanalive-Mayweather is going to be phenomenal. Maybe even better than seeing Oscar hit the deck against Hopkins.
Floyd in 7 folks. It’s gonna be brutal.
And this might be the first open invite to the new apartment. Bloggers and Boxing? Why not. Just leave the punch throwing to the people on the screen, OK folks?