Observations From Maine
Things I’ve been noticing and enjoying on my visit to Maine;
1) There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, like sitting around a big table withyour entire family and sharing dinner. Nothing.
2) Having your 3 year old niece climb up on your lap to watch her favorite movies is a joy unto itself.
3) Infants can be far, far louder than you remember.
4) I have to get out DC more frequently. It’s really good for the soul to not be surrounded by the “man made”.
5) Home really is where the heart is….
6) I should eat more fish.
7) “Uncle worship” is really, really, cool. From 3 year olds and 11 year olds it’s just unmatched.
8 ) Kid Brother and his wife make having 3 kids, 2 cats, and a dog look like the greatest life a man could imagine. I have no idea how they do it, but they do.
9) The Old Man cut off all of his hair. In my 34 years I’ve only seen it short once. He’s a handsome (and sober) SOB.
10) 2 years. I’m giving DC 2 years and then I’m heading North.
I’ve got tons of pics I’ll post when I get home. You won’t beleive how beautiful it is here. You just won’t.