Theeeee Yankees Win, the Monks Lose, and Other Thoughts
OK Yankees haters, let me hear the collective groan! I do so love that sound! That’s right, they are back in the post season for the 13th straight year despite one hell of an ugly start. Even Steinbrenner was on hand to see it, saying “The fans and I look forward to the team accomplishing our ultimate goal — bringing a world championship back to New York.”
From your lips, Georgie…
I’m not going to harp on it much, I’m just going to smile, buy a new flatscreen TV for the Playoffs, and enjoy the spoils of this victory.
Looks like the Yankees are going to open in Cleveland….their record this year? 6-0 against the Indians.
Moving right along, there’s actually a ton for me to write about. So much is going on, and really I haven’t been wirting much about it because I …errr…. well, I’ve kinda been ducking a lot of it. Not ducking it in my own life, but in terms of writing about it. Once I throw it out here it somehow becomes different. Suffice it to say, for now, that I am wrestling with trust issues (the Hulk Hogan of internal opponents) wondering if there are lessons to be learned from my patterns in past relationships beyond what I’ve already figured out, and trying to make sense of where I’m looking to go next.
The great irony of this is that I’m actually having fun with it all. I’ve decided that I can either look at my life playing out like a drama or a comedy…and, I’d much prefer to laugh at myself and the insanity that tends to spring up around me than peak around corners and wonder if “they” are really out to get me. At the end of the day it’s something that we can all control and in doing so, you can have a measurable impact on the quality of your life.
BTW, I always hate it when people say “at the end of the day” but I don’t mind so much when I do it. Wierd, I know.
My random thoughts to end this post;
1) Shooting at MONKS? For shame. At what point do you think to yourself “those fuckin’ monks…”. It’s right then you’ve probably crossed a line that you can’t come back from. Enjoy hell.
2) Sen. Mike Gravel of Alaska, I straight up applaud you for telling it like it is and saying in the debate that the Democrats seeking election are living in “Fantasyland”, for taking Hillary and Barak to task for their votes that very day regarding Iran, and for straight talk about the war. It’s a damn shame you come across as “Jim from Taxi” as you do, because you give voice to things that need to be said.
3) Yes, the President of Iran is an idiot. So were the people that introduced him and walked out. Way to show how we support free speech.
4) I don’t mind having my knowledge of something called out if you know more than I do or if you just want to debate. I don’t know as much about science, for example, as I’d like. And to that end if you read my Big Bang post and had an issue, please educate me. But don’t ever, ever say that I’m “ignorant” just because I said something you didn’t like. That sort of whiny shit just makes you seem like an ass. A big, red (Sox fan) ass.
5) There’s a damned good fight this weekend in the Middleweight division. Undefeated Middleweight Champion Jermain Taylor (27-0-1, 17ko’s) defends against Kelly Pavlik (31-0, 28 ko’s) on HBO from Atlantic City. I’ve seen Taylor fight several times, and I like him. He’s getting better and better, and he did beat Bernard Hopkins, which ain’t easy. Pavlik I’ve only seen once, but he makes a hell of an impression! This man throws punches with bad intentions.
Should be fun!