1) What a game. Seriously, that was just amazing. The Giants absolutely earned it. I kept thinking “there’s no way the G-men can hang on to win this game…” and “the Pats are going to erupt any second now.” It just never happened. Low scoring, hard nosed, amazing game, and my hat is off to an NFC East rival that I never thought I’d find myself rooting for…
I now have decided that Bill Belichick is absolutely the biggest douche in all of sports.
There’s time left on the clock, Bill…don’t come on the field. Contrary to your belief, the game doesn’t revolve around you and you don’t get to decide when it’s over. Oh, and stick around for a few minutes there sparky. The only other player I’ve ever seen leave like that was…oh yeah, Randy Moss.
Bill Belichick; classless when he wins by running up the score and tries to justify it, classless when he loses and leaves the field when he decides they can’t win…so it’s over.
Congrats to the Giants. Simply amazing.
2) Eli Manning? Good for you. I read the New York newspapers regularly and no one takes a beating quite like Eli. That drive to win it? The way that he bought time on the last drive by breaking out of the grips of two Patriots to keep hope alive? The cool he displayed? That should get ’em off his back for a bit. Oh, and maybe the “Eli Sucks” t shirt they are selling in New England will be revised?
3) Was it just me or were the commercials just …eh…?
4) Tom Brady is truly amazing. He just didn’t play like it tonight. In fact, the Patriots looked tired from the word “go”. Maybe the season finally caught up to them? I’mnot taking anything away from the Giants, but that team just didn’t look ready to go like they usually do.
5) So what’s the first company that’s going to scoop up the Mannings for a back-to-back Superbowl MVP ad?
6) It does kinda suck that we have to keep listening to the damned ’72 Dolphins for another year…but the Pats fans wouldn’ve been worse.
All in all, one of the greatest Superbowls I’ve ever seen.